After missing last week, I’m back to recap the two night finale of Dancing With the Stars. Honestly, I sometimes had a hard time finding enough material to write these posts, so I don’t think they’ll be a staple around here when the new season starts in the fall. I still love the show though, so I’m sure there will be some “checking in” posts. I’m still working to figure out this blogging thing. Figuring out what I want to write about, and more importantly, what you guys want to read is pretty tough. I hope you guys will bear with me. Enough about me, let’s get to the finale.
Not to bury the lead, but congratulations to Nyle and Peta on their victory!
1. There was something about Paige and Mark’s salsa that was so exuberant, feisty and full of life that I couldn’t help but smile and get teary eyed at the end of it. It just seemed to be a triumph for both of them. Paige has become so confident through out this process, and I loved watching her having the time of her life on the stage. Girl was giving faces! I don’t know what Len is talking about when he said there wasn’t enough hip action, but he cost Paige her perfect night.
2. Ginger and Val’s freestyle was the only one that I thought captured the spirit of previous freestyles – really inhabiting another character and having fun. Ginger looked like a Hollywood starlet with her high waisted pants and pussy bow blouse, and I loved every second of it.
3. I don’t know that I agree with Carrie Ann that this was the best dance ever performed on Dancing With the Stars, but Nyle and Peta’s freestyle was pretty freaking amazing. There were so many intense (and gif-able) moments in this dance, and the story about inspiring the deaf community was very beautiful. The only knock that I can think of for this dance was the fact that Peta didn’t choreograph it. I give her credit for knowing when something isn’t her strong suit, but I always thought the professionals choreographing the routine was part of the deal.
Did Ya Catch That?
1. Val was really excited for the night.
2. Julianne Hough was in the audience last night, and I’m really surprised that Tom never went to her for comment.
3. In honor of the Bachelorette starting this week (check back for my post on the premiere tomorrow), we have a Bachelor Chris Soules sighting. Does anyone know who the girl with him is? She was in many of his snapchats from the finale party as well.
Dressing With the Stars
Peta and Nyle did a country inspired quickstep for their redemption dance, and I thought that her white dress and denim top combo was really re-creatable for summer. (Clearly I’m a fan of the look if you check out my picture in the sidebar).
2. Dress: Adelyn Rae, Jacket: J.Crew
3. Dress: Riffraff (I have this dress and absolutely love it!), Vest: Gap
What did you guys think of the finale? Were you excited Nyle won? Let me know in the comments!