AAAAAND we’re back rose lovers! I really feel like I finally have something to live for again, now that Chris (B.) Harrison is back on our TVs. This time around he brings us JoJo Fletcher, she of Ben Higgins blindside fame, and the 26 men vying for her heart.
1. After the intro packages for JoJo (did you know Ben told her he loved her and then blindsided her?), and a few of the men, we get to the limo entrances. It’s pretty well known that the men who make the first and last entrance are normally ones to watch, and this season was no exception. Jordan Rodgers, brother of MVP and Superbowl winning quarterback Aaron Rodgers, was the first one to exit the limo, and all 6 foot 3 (with an extra couple inches for that coiffed mane of his) of him was looking great. He didn’t need a fancy entrance and JoJo was into him.
Robby had a great entrance, presenting JoJo with a bottle of wine and taking it to the face similar to Mrs. Fletcher in Ben’s hometown visit last season. JoJo is in on the joke and says “My mom would like him”. Chase exited the limo with every mustache pun in the book ready to go, but if I’m being honest they would have made me giggle. Wells exited the limo with Grammy Award winning pop group All-4-One singing their hit “I Swear”. Although most of the men couldn’t appreciate a good entrance (more on that later), they all seemed to think Wells’s move was pretty smooth.
The last entrance was Luke, who didn’t come out of the limo but rather riding a unicorn, or a white horse with a horn strapped to its head. Luke is from Texas, like JoJo, believes in unicorns, like JoJo, and is ruggedly handsome, which I don’t think is like JoJo but I’d guess she definitely likes it.
2. Once all the men were inside, we really got to see their personalities come out. And by personalities I mean drunkenness because most of these guys were hammered! Between taking off all their clothes and jumping in the pool (Daniel), to interrupting JoJo filming her ITM’s with producers (Nick S. and Vinny), these guys were not holding their alcohol very well. Daniel continued his drunken escapades by poking Evan in the belly button, something that many of the guys told us was something you just do not do.
Another person we saw a lot of inside was Chad, and that is because he thinks he’s the greatest person alive. Chad took it upon himself to pretty much bash every man that came out of the limo. When doing my fantasy draft for this season (I have Jordan, Chase, Nick B, Derek and Alex by the way), I was trying to figure out who the man was that all the other men would hate but JoJo would love. I was between Chad and Daniel, and if the “this season on…” is any indication, it is definitely Chad.
3. At the rose ceremony, we get a “shocking” entrance by a former Bachelor aka Jake Pavelka who just happens to be a Fletcher/Patton family friend. ABC teased this up like he was going to join the cast, and it was funny to see JoJo’s momentary look of panic when she thought this too.
Luke gets the first rose (Jordan had been given the first impression rose), and the eliminations were not too surprising. Honestly, I think there are only about 5 guys that JoJo may be into, probably another 7 that she thinks are nice guys, and the rest are just producer planted nut jobs. I can’t think of another reason that Daniel and Vinny would be given roses, after their drunken escapades.
My favorite part of the episode may have just been the scene that rolled over the credits. I couldn’t find a youtube video of it, but I really suggest taking it upon yourself to get on over to Hulu and watch.
Not really a tweet…but so funny.
Top 3 Guys
Tonight wasn’t a big night for fashion, so I’m going to kick off the season with my front runners for JoJo.
1. No surprise here, but I think Jordan Rodgers is the top contender for JoJo’s heart. Who wouldn’t want to join the Rodgers family and get to strike up an insta-friendship with Aaron’s girlfriend Olivia Munn. The previews for the season show a little drama with Jordan, and whether he is there for the right reasons (shocker) but I don’t think that will phase JoJo that much. They really did have a lot of chemistry, and he was one of the only guys that she was comfortable with on Night 1.
2. I give Luke a pretty good shot at the final rose as well. Besides the first one/last one limo theory, I think that he and JoJo have a lot in common and were raised in similar ways. Luke is definitely cuter on the show than he is in his ABC bio photo, and I wish I would have known that when drafting my fantasy team.
3. My dark horse of the season is Wells. His entrance was memorable, him and JoJo had a good conversation and he just seems like an all around cool guy. He didn’t give me the overly “done up” vibe that someone like Jordan or Robby did. He is the kind of guy that you would want to go catch a show and a beer with, and I think that’s the guy that you want to spend your life with.
That’s all I’ve got for you guys after night 1. What did you think of the premiere? Does anyone not think Jordan is a front runner? Let me know!