Hi everyone! I’m finally starting to get back into the swing of things nearly a week after coming home from our family vacation. I’m detouring from my normal TV recaps for today (and hope to do so more in the future), and am sharing a little Key West vacation recap with y’all!
Things To Do
1. My favorite activity in Key West was definitely deep sea fishing. Although I’m prone to a bout or two of sea-sickness, that’s not going to keep me away from the water (an air conditioned cabin for naps also didn’t hurt). All the guys on our trip were out on the boat, so I had to hold it down for the girls. I ended up catching the biggest fish of the day (that we could eat, my dad and cousin each hooked a sailfish) – and provided us with a lot of fish to eat for the rest of our vacation. My favorite way to cook up some Mahi – with some spinach, tomato and parmesan cheese!
2. On an overcast day (but no less humid or hot) we went to the Ernest Hemingway house. Hemingway didn’t live in the house very long, only about 9 years, but he wrote many of his great works in his office on this property. An added bonus, many of the descendents of Ernest’s polydactyl (six-toed) cat Snow White still live on the property. The cats kind of have the run of the house, as evidenced by this Instagram.
3. Key West is a huge party town, and I’ve never been one to say no to a good time. My mom and I decided to take up the Key West Cocktail Challenge – and were victorious. The challenge was to have the signature drink at six particular bars throughout the island. Upon completion, you received this super cool shirt. The t-shirt may have cost about $100 in drinks, but we think it was worth it. (Sorry for my poor Snapchat screenshot photo).
I had a minor panic attack on the Friday before leaving, because the order I had put in at Forever 21 a week and a half before still hadn’t arrived. Luckily, as I was loading up my car to drive home, the package arrived!
1. Outside the World’s Smallest Bar
Shirt: Forever 21 (old, similar here), Shorts: Forever 21, Purse: Kate Spade (old, similar here)
2. Key West has some of the most amazing trees.
Dress: Old Navy(old, similar here), Hat: Heavenly Couture (site launching soon!), Sunglasses: H&M, Shoes:Schutz (old, similar here)
3. Not the best picture – but I had to show how this dress swings.
Dress: Forever 21 (seems to be sold out but similar here
Capturing Key West
Key West is a place unlike any other I’ve ever been, and sometimes the best way to understand is just to see for yourself! If you can’t jump on a plane and head there soon, I’ve got three pictures that I think capture the town.
I think I can say I saved the best for last! Have you guys ever been to Key West? Thinking about going and have some questions? You can always connect with me in the comments or on Twitter @third_and_girl.