As the saying goes, better late than never, right? The week was capped off by a bit of flu, but I’m feeling on the mend and ready to post my thoughts on Week 2 of Dancing With the Stars.
1. Jodie Sweetin kicked the night off right with this sexy number. Much like Stephanie Tanner in Fuller House, Jodie owns her sexiness and isn’t afraid to put it out there. It paid off with this sizzling samba.
2. I thought Paige VanZant’s salsa was amazing, especially considering the circumstances. Partner Mark Ballas went down in rehearsals with a slipped disk in his back, giving her only two hours to practice with fill-in partner Alan Bersten. As host Tom Bergeron said, it’s truly a testament to the talent of the professional dancers to be able to substitute in on these complicated routines at a minute’s notice.
3. Although not the most technically proficient celebrity in the group, I really enjoyed Doug Flutie’s performance on Monday. He appeared strong and in control during his Paso Doble with partner, Karina Smirnoff. I was also moved by the analogy he made between the fight in this dance and the fight against autism, a diagnosis his son received at the age of two.
Did Ya Catch That?1. They say Dancing With the Stars is a family, and I guess that’s true because they invite EVERYONE back to the ballroom. This week in the front row, former Disney Star and Season 7 contestant, Cody Linley.
2. I loved this little moment between Sharna Burgess and her partner from last season, Noah Galloway. I’m not quite sure if Noah was supposed to still be up in the SkyBox when they came back from commercial, but either way, Sharna had to tap him and remind him to turn around. That is Dancing With the Stars etiquette!
3. This guy, who claps when no one else does, and thumbs up when everyone claps. Love him.
Dressing With the Stars
This week I was a fan of Witney’s coordinating two piece, which I learned in my research is called a Co-Ord. If you can pull off as much skin and jewels as Witney, more power to you. However, if you’re like me and don’t think you could do it, I’ve rounded up a few similar options.
2. If the first outfit is still a bit much for you (and for me it probably would be), a second option is this Co-ord. Although not a floral, as Witney’s appears to be, this pink polka dotted number has the same retro vibe. You can buy the top here, and the skirt here.
What are your thoughts on Week 2? Sad to see Geraldo go? Hope Mischa finally finds her mojo? Let me know in the comments!