Hey everyone! This episode was definitely the best one since we said goodbye to Chad, with multiple surprise eliminations. JoJo has developed feelings for all of the men, so getting down to her final 2 has been really tough to her. Tough decisions means tears and drama for JoJo, so let’s get to it.
1. This episode is super easy to break into three parts as there are three men left, but we do need to address the cliffhanger at the end of last episode. I was certain that there was no way Luke was going home, considering the editing of last week’s episode and JoJo discussing her decision before the rose ceremony in an ITM. Unfortunately, I was wrong. JoJo made Jordan, Robby, and Chase her final 3 and sent Luke to the limo and back to Burnet, Texas.
I found it very heartbreaking to see Luke go home. He really had no idea that he was the one going, and it broke my heart to hear him say, “I thought you knew” when JoJo told him she just didn’t know where he stood. I think this falls on JoJo because if she needed more from Luke, she should’ve asked. She has said multiple times to other men that one of her love languages is ‘words of affirmation’ when she wasn’t getting what she needed from them. Luke was 100% blindsided. As soon as he leaves, JoJo says that she already misses him. I think that Luke was the guy who she would have had the most successful relationship with (although I hope that I’m wrong). He seems down to earth and truly ready to settle down. I know that Luke has country music aspirations, but I don’t think he was using this as his platform to get there. Luke for Bachelor!
The final three are headed to Thailand, and Robby’s date is up first. They walk around the market and eat exotic foods, something that has happened on every Bachelor season since they started going to other countries. After getting caught in a downpour, the two of them get a Thai massage, and discuss the situation surrounding Robby’s past relationship. They both agree that they are glad the issue was confronted, and that they can move forward together as a couple. Robby confirms his honesty by ONCE AGAIN reminding her that he told her he loved her in Uruguay.
At night, the two go to dinner. JoJo tells Robby how she told Ben that she loved him on this date last season. Does anyone else think that its weird for her to discuss how she loved another man with these guys? Maybe not since they all already know. Robby says that his parents love to see him so happy but they could tell that he was a little down about the information that had arisen about his past girlfriend. According to Robby, his dad must have snuck a note in the pocket of his jeans telling him that he was “the man”. I say ‘according to’ because if you poll any of my friends, they will all tell you that they think Robby wrote the note himself. At the end of dinner, JoJo and Robby decide to spend the night together in the fantasy suite. And Robby lays the cheesy lines on strong:
The next morning, JoJo is really excited that her and Robby are having their first breakfast together – even though the food is at the bottom of the bed and looks as if it hasn’t been touched. JoJo says there were a few times when she was with Robby that she wanted to tell him that she loved him, but didn’t because she knows she’s not ready to say without a doubt who will be standing there at the end of the night.
2. Jordan’s date was next, and JoJo has a difficult hike planned for the two of them. I feel like Jordan required some needling from producers when saying, “don’t you look sporty” because my sporty clothes are definitely not a crop top and cut-offs. I’m lucky if my leggings and my shirt match. Since the two of them are SO sporty they make it to the end of their hike, which leads them into a cave There is a temple somewhere in a cave that they are exploring, and JoJo and Jordan aren’t allowed to kiss there. This is something that has happened on plenty of seasons as well, perhaps because so many of the beautiful Asian countries that they visit also have strong ties to religion. Either way, the lead always makes it a point to tell their suitor that they are not allowed to be kissed in this location, which is difficult because these people can’t keep their hands off each other. In their defense, there is something about beauty that brings out the romance (fireworks, sunsets, temples in Thailand).
At the temple, JoJo and Jordan talk about meeting her family and he asks what they’re like. Since Jordan didn’t watch last season, he doesn’t know that JoJo’s mom likes to take champagne to the face:
During dinner, JoJo and Jordan talk about what their future would look like, which is surprisingly not something they’ve discussed before. JoJo asks him what he imagines the next year of his life to look like and Jordan can’t really answer the question. He says he doesn’t have a home base right now, so he can be wherever she is. JoJo is afraid that she will end up with him and not realize how different their lifestyles are. Jordan tries to calm her fears by telling her “I want to spend the rest of my life with you” but JoJo is quick to come back with, “ahh, that’s what Ben said.” I think JoJo has already fallen so hard for Jordan but is putting her walls up and being defensive with him. JoJo doesn’t want to get heartbroken again since Ben also told her he wanted to spend his life with her, so JoJo drills Jordan asking how he knows he’s in love with her. Jordan says he feels like a different person and whenever he imagines his wedding day or getting down on one knee, it’s worth her. JoJo eats it all up and the two of them venture to the fantasy suite.
The next morning, JoJo once again points out that they are eating their first breakfast together – this time, they seem to actually be eating. In an ITM, Jordan says, “we took a big step last night, in a really exciting direction.” Hmm, wonder what that could mean?
3. Chase’s date is up last and it starts in a fish market, super romantic. Chase surprises me by continuing to open up aka actually talk. The two of them take a boat ride on the waters of Thailand, and have a really deep connection with a monkey. The two of them sit on a beach and talk about how far they’ve come in their “journey”, and then get hot and heavy in the water.
Between the day portion and night portion of Chase’s date, we get an interruption by Robby who just wanted to say hi to JoJo. The previews made it seem like this was a big deal, but really Robby just stopped by to tell her he loved her and then goes on his merry way.
At dinner, Chase mentions that he’s “battled through this” a little more than Robby and Jordan aka they’ve been front runners (and Chase knows it) and he’s had the slow and steady rise to the top. Chase lets Jordan know that he wants a future with her and the two of them go to the fantasy suite.
Chase still hasn’t dropped the L-bomb and he knows that the fantasy suite is the right place to do it. He tells her that he doesn’t want to be scared anymore and wants her to know that he’s 100% in love with her. He’s never told anyone that first and knows what a burden that phrase carries, and he is ready to carry that for her. She kisses him then says, “thank you for telling me that….can you hold on one minute?”
Upon coming back in, JoJo tells him that she didn’t feel what she thought she was going to feel when Chase told her he loved her and that she doesn’t know if she is in the same place. She doesn’t think spending a night together would change her feelings, and Chase responds accordingly.
Chase doesn’t let JoJo off easy telling her that he just jumped over a hurdle he’s never done before, and she has left him shattered. He tells her that he 100% regrets telling her he loves her. Also, this gem of a line:
Chase was terrified to say “I love you” and now he feels like he shouldn’t have done it. He believes that JoJo didn’t give it a chance, which I think further solidifies the notion that Jordan and Robby have been front runners since the beginning. JoJo wanted to prevent Chase from being blindsided like she was, but Chase feels as if this breakup is exactly that. JoJo, like most people, wants the break up to end on an amicable note but Chase doesn’t really feel the same way, and I think that is a justified feeling. He’s allowed to be angry, and walk away from her. Chase cracks a beer, and hops into a creepy van to be taken away from what he thought would be one of the greatest nights of his life.
At the rose ceremony, JoJo wants Jordan and Robby to also say yes to her. In a SHOCKING twist, Chase shows up and wants to talk to JoJo, leaving Robby and Jordan feeling a little nervous.
They shouldn’t have been worried though, Chase just wanted to tell JoJo that he didn’t want to let their relationship end the way it did. He says he was shocked and there was a lot he wanted to say but he couldn’t because his shock turned to anger. Chase wants to tell JoJo that he is proud of her and thinks she’s amazing and that he isn’t angry. He wants wants best for her and thinks she deserves something great.
JoJo gives Jordan a rose first followed by Robby, leaving them as the two men who will meet JoJo’s family next week!
Robbie says he wants love that makes him late for work. Problem is you can't be late for "formerly competitive swimming" #thebachelorette—
Kasey Esser (@KaseyEsser) July 26, 2016
"What if I made a mistake?" - JoJo "You did" - everyone in the world #TheBachelorette—
The Sarcastic Girl (@TheSarcasticGrl) July 26, 2016
"What was missing?" -Chase "A famous brother," - Jojo #theBachelorette—
Dana Weiss (@Possessionista) July 26, 2016
1. JoJo wore a lot of blue on this trip and looked amazing in all of it. I really loved the casual blue and white crop top she wore in a montage of her walking the beach. The top is Show me your Mumu and can be found here.
2. JoJo continued to look great in blue in this ensemble from her dinner date with Jordan. The white crop is Show me your MuMu and unfortunately I couldn’t find the white option in stock. Luckily, it comes in a lot of fun prints: paisley, floral, and even black. The real stand out is that skirt. The skirt is MiJo by Michelle Jonas and can be found here.
3. I’ve been into peek-a-boo shoulder tops and dresses, so the dress from her date with Chase was obviously a favorite. This dress is Ramy Brook and can be found here.
Are you guys ready for the finale? Who will JoJo pick, Jordan or Robby? And will the relationship last? Let me know in the comments!