Hi everyone! Is anyone else feeling the withdrawal that comes with the end of a season of The Bachelor? Thankfully, the glitz and glamour of the ballroom is here to fill our time, and I’m going to be honest, I don’t hate it.
1. Am I shameless homer? Yes. Am I going to apologize for that? Nope. From the facade of Geno’s steaks, to the dance to ‘Motownphilly’ by his best selling boy band Boyz II Men, I loved every moment of Wanya Morris & Lindsay Arnold’s routine. I think this partnership is adorable, and thought it was really clever that Wanya calls Lindsay his “Z-Pack” because she always makes him better. #TeamYayZee
2. I was excited to see two current football players hit the dance floor this season, and I think Von Miller came out on top (it doesn’t help that Antonio Brown plays for the Pittsburgh Steelers, see above homer comment). Von is a defensive beast, but is a soft-spoken poultry (not poetry) lover in the pre-performance package. Witney and Von’s partnership is comical to look at, simply because he towers over the 5’3″ beauty.
I wasn’t sure what a Super Bowl MVP could want with the Mirror Ball Trophy, but Von came out of the gate swinging. His moves were graceful, and Witney’s Foxtrot routine “went for it in a proper way”, (according to Len, I have no idea). I think Von is one to watch.
3. Nyle DiMarco and Peta Murgatroyd blew me away. Jaw. Dropping. If I had not known before, I would never have guessed that Nyle has no ability to hear. Carrie Ann commented on the most remarkable part of this partnership when saying that Nyle wasn’t just on time with the dance, but really found the pocket of the beat with his movements. I’m excited to learn more about Nyle as the season goes on, and see how this partnership grows.
Did Ya Catch That?
One of the best parts of Dancing With the Stars for me are the little background moments that everyone may not pick up on and the behind the scenes packages.
1. As a companion of Bachelor and Season 19 contestant, Chris Soules, we can see Bachelor Nation member Nick Viall lurking behind Amy Robach and Robin Roberts as Tom Bergeron interviews them.
2. This guy.
3. Bravo editors, for pairing this dance move of Von’s with a straight into the camera stare of a steer.
Dressing With the Stars
I loved Erin Andrews’s DSqured2 dress last night, and I’ve found a few dresses that gave me the same vibe for your next formal event!
1. This dress, by the same designer as Erin’s, has a similar neck and is paired with an open/statement back.
2. Although this dress has long sleeves and a deep-V neckline, the gold chain detail along the back adds some edge, just like Erin’s.
3. If you’re not in the ball gown market (and really who isn’t?), you can rent this Halston Heritage dress here. The sleeves and neckline are almost identical to Erin’s, with a skirt that has a little more drama.
What did you guys think of the premiere episode? Any early standouts for you? Let me know in the comments!