This episode was a bit of a bore – and I wasn’t even sure if I wanted to recap it. I’m all about sticking with what you start though, so let’s get to it.
- I thought the segment with Olivia was the most interesting. The more I listened to her, the more I thought that she really was just out of her element while on the show. I said the night of her Teen Mom comment, that I got the impression that she thought it was a funny joke. Seeing her reaction to all the women saying they felt attacked by her over the course of filming confirmed this feeling for me.
Although interesting, the segment was also pretty uncomfortable. I felt like the other women continued to attack Olivia, when she was trying to apologize and say that she didn’t like what she had seen of herself on TV. Olivia mentioned being taken back to being bullied when she was younger, when she would walk into a room and it would be complete silence. I can’t imagine what that would feel like, to know that everyone was just having conversations and that you weren’t welcome to join. I thought it was out of line for Izzy, someone who I didn’t even know was on the show, to say that if she was bullied she would have learned from it and not acted the way that she did. Everyone handles things differently, and the way any two people deal with being bullied as a child can be on completely opposite ends of the spectrum.
- The segment with Caila was pretty heartbreaking. The Women Tell All special was filmed before last week’s episode aired, so I think they probably showed it to the women before filming. To have Caila comment on her heartbreak, so soon after watching it for the first time, must have been really tough for her.
In usual Caila fashion, she handled all of her questions with grace. I find it interesting though that she mentioned still kind of being in love with Ben, when I’m about 95% sure she will start filming her season of the Bachelorette any minute. I guess that’s just Hollywood for you.
- When Ben came out, most of the women had nothing but nice things to say. Caila thanked him for allowing her to love and open her heart. Lauren H and Becca thanked him for showing them that there are great guys out there. Olivia even said she saw that there were problems in their relationship when watching it back!
Jubilee had the most interesting question, and I also think she managed to get the answer out of Ben that she wanted. She asked him why when she started to pull away did he say that he didn’t see a future with her, but when Caila or JoJo began to pull away, he worked with them to get them to open up. She had felt like he was blaming her for their relationship not working out. Originally, Ben talked his way around the question, but Jubilee explained that if he didn’t see it working out, she would have rather him just say that, than putting the excuse on her lack of communication. This is the reason I love Jubilee, she says what is real, and makes sure she gets the answers to her questions.
[I’m just going to leave these here because takeaway 3 1/2 is how Becca and JoJo are friendship goals]
BECCA’S CHRIS BLOOPER WAS THE BEST MOMENT OF THIS ENTIRE SEASON. I LOVE YOU. #TheBachelor #WomenTellAll
— Princess Problems (@PrincessProbz) March 8, 2016
The twins talking over each other yet saying the EXACT SAME THING is everything. #TheBachelor #WTA
— Robert Mills (@Millsy11374) March 8, 2016
And then Lace filed a temporary restraining order… #TheBachelor
— Andi Dorfman (@AndiDorfman) March 8, 2016
- Olivia’s white jumpsuit was so major. I loved every single thing about it. I thought it was classy and fashion forward, and the peek-a-boo sides made it sexy as well. I’ve always looked like I was wearing clothes that were too small for me when trying on jumpsuits, but this one has made me consider giving them one more try.
- I must be having a jumpsuit moment, because I also loved Caila’s black jumpsuit. It was an unexpected choice for her, one that I think paid off.
- Becca is the queen of the boho glam look, and this was no different. The deep neckline on the romper, paired with her beachy waves was at once easy and glamourous.
Did you guys think this episode was kind of a bore? Or wish we could’ve just skipped it and gotten to the finale already? Let me know in the comments!