Happy weekend, everyone! First, I want to say thank you for all the great feedback I got on my Key West post (if you missed it, you can find it here). I’m planning on sharing more of my life on here, and it means so much to me that you all enjoyed the post. As anyone who knows is aware, my love for TV is also a huge part of my life, so I’ve got another Dancing With the Stars recap for you today!
1. Jodie and Keo’s Jive was my favorite dance of the night. Sadly, it was also their last performance together as she got eliminated at the end of the episode. Jodie’s footwork was quick and accurate and I agreed with Len that she had become more comfortable on the stage. This was evidenced by the moment when the two of them are fanning themselves while traveling across the dance floor, you could tell she was comfortable in character and just having a great time!
2. Ginger and Val’s Argentine Tango was actually not originally one of my favorite dances of the night. However, after re-watching the episode, I was impressed by the technicality and skill that I imagine went into this dance (because I have no dance training and only know what I think looks good). I loved how it went from slow to fast, and you could feel the intensity, emotion, and intention behind the choreography changing. Ginger is one to watch out for in this competition, for sure.
3. Team Len’s Judges Challenge Samba was the most fun dance of the night. I’m well aware that this dance was not the most technically difficult but I’m a sucker for Len, and especially a cheesy, happy, dancing Len. Some stand out moments: the giant cut out of his head in a rock formation, Wanya’s glitter six pack shirt, and the hip thrusts Len threw in at the end. If it was up to me, 10’s from Len all around!
Did Ya Catch That?
1. See: Note above about my love for a happy and goofy Len.
2. Paige and Mark apparently weren’t following their cues, and got pushed on stage by a producer.
3. Beverly Mitchell made a trip to the ballroom this week, sitting behind Season 21 champion Bindi Irwin and her family.
Dressing With the Stars
This week, I want to bring attention to the athleisure wear that the female professionals dancers are wearing in the practice packages. I certainly don’t look that cool when working out, but I can admire anyone who does.
1. Sharna tops her outfit with a laid-back grey pocket tank. For some reason, wearing loose tanks makes me feel pretty bad-ass, like a boxer or something, so I might be stocking up on these tanks soon. This one is American Eagle and can be found here.
2. I couldn’t find Sharna’s exact pair of floral harem pants, but these Lovers + Friends floral ones are pretty close.
3. I’ll never understand how these women dance like they do in heels, although these Nike wedge sneakers may make it a little easier for us mere mortals.
What did you guys think of this week’s episode? Were you sad, like me, to see Jodie go? Everyone still in the competition is so good, I hate seeing anyone go!
3 thoughts on “don’t stop me now-dwts:week 8”
Love me a samba dance too!!
Also excited about a two in one week post!
Thanks Han! I’m trying to post more!