So if my last post was better late than never, this one must be ‘it’s ok if you skip a week because Disney week was worth the wait’? Most Memorable Moment week was moving, but the stories were so heartfelt, that not a lot of crazy stuff was going on. This week, however, was Disney night, and anytime there is an animated gazelle dancing on my screen, I know we’re in for a treat.
1. Witney and Von’s waltz was magical. I may be a little biased because I have a slight obsession with the newest live-action version of Cinderella, but I’m starting to think that movie may have been better if Witney was cast in the starring role. She looked EXACTLY like Cinderella, and the lights in her dress just made the moment even more magical. Besides Witney’s killer costume, Von was graceful, charming and everything you could ask for in a prince. I think he’s finally in the game, and I can’t wait to see where this couple goes.
2. As a self-appointed “Belle” girl myself, I thought Ginger and Val really brought the atmosphere of Beauty and the Beast to life during their foxtrot. While watching this dance, I actually had the thought that this looks like something out of a Broadway production, the set design was that good. ABC goes all out Disney night (their parent company), and you could really see that at play here. I agree with Zendaya, when she said that even with all the amazing set design, you never lost Ginger in the dance.
3. Paige and Mark’s quickstep was the perfect number to end the night. It had energy and Mark’s patented creativity which combined for a show stopping number. Paige didn’t miss a step, and I think this could be another couple to watch!
Did Ya Catch That?
1. Sometimes, world renowned ballroom judge Len Goodman does the monkey with Disney characters.
2. And sometimes, he just has pure joy on his face when Heisman winners do sicklines in front of him.
3. They say Dancing With the Stars is a family, and clearly they are right. Right in the middle of judging, host Tom Bergeron decides to pick stray hair of Keo’s face. As it seems Jodie Sweetin says, “Ooook”.
Dressing with the Stars
Since everyone this week was dressed as a princess or an animal, I’m finding it hard to translate the costumes into relatable everyday outfits. So this week, we’re just going to pay tribute to the amazing costumes that the wardrobe department puts together, and to the kick-ass performers who wear them.
1. If I haven’t gushed about Witney’s Cinderella costume enough, here’s a better look at it. It seriously takes my breath away.
2. In the first dance of the night, Sharna played the role of Jasmine in an amazing little spandex outfit. Does anyone know where I can find her workouts?
3. Nyle and Peta pulled off Tarzan and Jane in a very convincing fashion. I mean, Tarzan didn’t wear clothes, so why should they?
What did you guys think of this episode? Did you think Marla was deserving of going home? And who do you think is next? Let me know!